I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU AS ORPHANS. I WILL COME TO YOU.

JOHN 14:18





Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A New Journey Begins!


So this is my very first blog!  I have been meaning to create a blog for some time now but better late than never right? I have no idea what I am doing so bear with me!!
 As of now we are a family of three. Myself, my husband Jared, and my 3 year old son Josiah.  Now that he is 3 we have had many long conversations about when to have our second child. Since the beginning of our marriage we have talked about possibly adopting someday and it has never really left our mind or hearts. About two months ago we decided we were ready for baby #2. Ready as we'll ever be!  I started daydreaming about my second little one and began to get excited. One night two weeks ago I had major insomnia. I could not stop thinking about adoption, which was sparked by a friend who had told me that day about a mother she met who had adopted an orphan from Ethiopia. I ended up on the internet at 3am researching Ethiopia and adoption agencies. All that I learned that night, and all the days since have not left my mind or heart. It has sat like a brick on my very being. It has become so obvious what God is calling me to do. There are 5 million children who are orphans in Ethiopia. My dream is to start by making that number 5 million minus 1. Jared has always been ready to jump in and adopt so he too is on board and very excited.  We understand that this is a long, crazy journey but we feel called and ready! We have decided on a Christian Adoption Agency called America World Adoption. Our first step is to send in our official application to adopt!! We would love it if you would pray for us on this journey!! Let the adventure begin!!






















4 comments:

  1. hello precious friends! we are so excited for you all, and the journey ahead of you. we will be praying each step of the way!! love you heaps, Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! I may have told you in the past that God laid adoption on both mine & Clay's hearts before we even met each other. We have since researched it through several agencies, including America World Adoption, and from what we saw, this was an awesome organization through which you can bring your child home. I can't wait to hear (and read) about all the updates along the way. You guys will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Nikki this is SO amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it as you go:-) What a wonderful wonderful gift your family will be for that lucky child:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete